Monday, October 18, 2010

Sorry I have not posted! My favorite book of all time is the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series. I'm on book 5, (just finished it). I almost cried when I could not read one! In the first book, The Capture, Soren , a barn owl, is captured from his nest when his evil brother Kludd, pushes him out of the nest. St. Aggie's captures him. St. Aggie's is an "academy for owls". The patrol guards take him from the Forest kingdom of Tyto and meet up with others at the intersection of 4 kingdoms; Ambala, Desert of Kuneer, The Beaks, and the Forest Kingdom of Tyto. There is where Soren meets Gylfie. She is an elf owl from the Desert of Kuneer. The recruits are flown to St. Aggie's in the canyons. The owls at St. Ag's moonblink them (a process in which an owl falls asleep in the moon's full shine and forgets himself) and are told to pick fro flecks (magnetic and harmful bits of iron). The owls at St. Ag's are very stupid. Soren and Gylfie wait until their wings grow and then escape St. Ag's. When they begin their journey to the Guardian's tree, on the island of Ga'Hoole across the sea of Hoolemeere, they meet Twilight, a battle loving great grey who helps the other two by seeing the dark edges of the twilight light. Then they meet Digger, whose family had been eaten and killed by St. Aggie's troops. He joins their band too. I'm going to post each book on a different post.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks, Pali. I look forward to reading each of your posts!

Love, GK

Nancy said...

Hi Pali,
Thanks for playing your piece for me over the phone. It blew me away! I'll have to read these books. It's been a long time since your mom was bringing home books like this from the library, and I read them too. I'll have to get this one from the library. Sounds great.
Love,
Gramma Nancy

Mamou said...

Hi Dear,

Reading is such an adventure and you are certainly having a grand one. Thanks for sharing it on your blog. It's been too long!

Hope to see you soon,
Love,
Mamou

elisabeth said...

Enjoy your travels, Pali! Reading is such an adventure. Love, Libby